Friday, December 4, 2009

I love Spinneys!




So i went grocery shopping last night to stock up my fridge. About a 10 minute walk from me is a large supermarket named Spinneys. Spinneys is a major supermarket chain in the Middle East. It's very similar to a Wholefoods and also has a bookstore, DVD store, a great bakery, and of course, a McDonald's.

Dubai prides itself on having everything available for its expatriate community. I now have enough Amy's frozen veggie burgers, varying brands of lemon and lime soda, and japanese snacks to last me a lifetime! However, I would recommend checking all the expiration dates on things since the supermarkets are large and get so many brands shipped from around the world. Better to be safe than sorry and sick!

And even though Muslims do not eat pork, in large supermarkets there is a separate section for pork and any food that contains pork. All the frozen pizzas with pepperoni are in there...and all the bacon. here is a snapshot of the separate pork shop in Spinneys. * note the giant can of "Pork Luncheon Meat" - i've never seen that!



No comments:

Post a Comment